- ACTION D.1,AFTER LIFE,NEWS,SEPOSSO
- No comments
On the occasion of the week of the Festival of Sciences – “Immaginari”, held at the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome, between 18.04.2023 and 23.04.2023, LIFE SEPOSSO collaborated in the series of events with an exhibition-workshop dedicated to primary and middle school children, and to families at the end of the week
The events were realised thanks to the support of ISPRA’s Environmental Education and Training Service.
In the context of the 2023 edition, the key theme was IMMAGINARIES: the power of imagination, one of the most powerful tools that allows us to conceive works of art, new technologies and enables us to find solutions to everyday problems. Science would not be the same if we did not have imagination as an ally to initiate research and formulate hypotheses, interpret data and pursue better results. And it is from the interactions of individual imaginations that shared imaginaries emerge that influence the way we organise societies.
The following schools took part in the events:
- Tuesday 18 April: 6 primary school classes with a total of 160 pupils
- Wednesday 19 April: 4 primary school classes with a total of 120 pupils
- Thursday 20 April: 2 primary school classes with a total of 60 pupils
- Friday 21 April: 2 primary school classes and 1 middle school class for a total of 75 pupils
- Saturday 22 April: meetings for children accompanied by their families, 15 children with their parents
- Sunday 23 April: meetings dedicated to children accompanied by their families, 20 children with their parents
Together with teachers from the institutes, ISPRA researchers presented the children with an informal lesson on the biology of Posidonia oceanica and the importance of the meadows on marine-coastal ecosystems, accompanying the explanations with educational videos specially made for the events.
A small workshop presented the Posidonia oceanica plant and its distinctive morphological characteristics, the formation of the matte and its importance.
In addition, online didactic games, which are part of the SEPOSSO Didactic Kit, were presented to the children, prepared as a new proposal for distance learning activities. The games were designed to learn about Posidonia oceanica meadows while having fun.